Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bailey Misses Mom

My mother left on a weeklong trip 2 days ago. I was home those 2 days, but had to return to work today. With no one available to check on Bailey while I'm at work, Bailey was relegated to the backyard for the day. We used to leave Bailey in the house while we were on a trip and hire a teenage neighbor to come in several times a day and walk her. Our teenage neighbor started college last fall and we have not found a replacement pet sitter yet. When I put Bailey out this morning with my Jack Russell Terrier, Bailey seemed to know she would be outside for the day. I think she will do alright, but I know she is missing my Mom. The last couple of days she has alternated, laying by the front window watching for Mom's truck, to crawling up in Mom's recliner and moping. When Mom called last night, I held the phone to Bailey's ear, her tail started wagging and she laid her head firmly against the receiver. Mom will be home soon Bailey.

No comments:

Post a Comment