Friday, March 19, 2010

Peas

We are now feeding Bailey the "Taste of the Wild" Salmon and Sweet Potato, no grain diet and we bought more of the Socal grain Free treats. I am also supplementing this with ground Turkey or canned Salmon, that I cook and mix with potatoes and green beans, in lieu of canned food. Life is good, her red blistered feet are clearing up, she is shedding less and she is more energetic than she has been in months. Then I decide to mix in some sweet peas instead of grean beans to her cooked turkey mix. The rash returns with a vengeance. Bailey is apparently allergic to peas. Since the Socal treats we have been giving her have pea flour, we discontinue those too. I have seen an ad for NO Grainers Pet treats and I find those at Walmart. Now Bailey is completely Grain Free, the itching and rash are greatly reduced and we are all feeling a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment