Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dogs are people too

A conversation at work yesterday turned into the human like idiosynchrosies of my coworkers dogs. One lady that has 3 dogs, told us that when she gets home and finds something torn up, she looks at her 3 dogs and says "who made this mess?" The 2 innocent dogs then both turn and look at the guilty dog. The guilty dog then tucks tail and slinks out of the room.
My own Jack Russell Terrier "Trixie", is quick to show her displeasure with me by sitting with her back to me and ignoring me, of course she turns her head just enough to make sure I see that she is ignoring me. Trixie also loves to watch television and she will sit on the couch, on her bottom with her legs straight out, just like a little person. She looks like she is waiting to have a bowl of popcorn placed on her lap.
When Bailey is confused, or trying to figure out how to communicate to you what she wants, she curls her lip up on one side in contemplation. We call this her Elvis lip. It's funny to see all the human like qualities these dogs can have. I guess they are all just spoiled children.

No comments:

Post a Comment